- 1.1 What is an appeal?
- 1.2 Does the appellant have a right to appeal?
- 1.3 What happens to the order being appealed?
- 1.4 How do I respond to an appeal?
- 1.5 If the appellant applies for leave to appeal
- 1.6 The appellant serves an appeal record
- 1.7 The appellant may serve a transcript
- 1.8 The appellant serves an appeal book
- 1.9 Write your argument (factum)
- 1.10 The appellant may serve a transcript extract book
- 1.11 Put together a book of authorities
- 1.12 If the appellant does not, prepare a certificate of readiness
BC Court of Appeal: Guidebook for Respondents
Legally reviewed: 2020/ Apr